Friday, October 29, 2010

Taxes Return Preparation

I have been asked to teach a tax class.  I never thought about it before and to be honest, was a little frightened.  Bookkeeping and Taxes go hand in hand and I took this very same course a year ago.  I have been doing my own taxes ever since a franchise, who shall remain nameless told me there was something I couldn't claim that I knew I could.  Since the return was completed and it was one of those Rapid Returns, and I needed my money and it wasn't worth the trouble of amending, I didn't go back to their office anymore.

Started from that day on doing my own. 

It is a good thing to know something about taxes only because no matter who prepares them, you are responsible for what that prepararer puts on that return.  Ask as many questions as you need to.  Income, dependents, education, children, the information is there. 

Come visit us this coming tax season!

No comments:

Post a Comment