Thursday, September 2, 2010

My First Client - Sanyika Calloway Boyce

I remember meeting my first client.  I was so afraid of messing up, that wouldn't get the account, that they wouldn't like me....All kinds of thoughts went through my head.  So you can imagine how excited I was when she hired me.

We are still together today.  Weathering the storm that the economy has put on us. 

When I met her I believe she was starting her business full time as an self-published author.  She had published a book for teens called "Crack Da Code".  Money tips for young people.  Adults need it but it starts with our young adults.

She was and still is too busy to deal with bookkeeping, so that's my job.  At first, I was responsible for the data entry.  I was to make sure that all company books are updated.  Now that was June, 2005. I even made a copy of my check like they do in convenience stores.

I also remember that I barely knew about QuickBooks so in the midst of acquiring clients, I was still learning the software.  Luckily for me, all that was required was data entry.

Sanyika came from Corporate America just like me.  But she was lead to publish the book and promote it.  She is an accomplished Author, Speaker, Financial Coach, Media Star. She's got so much energy that you have to wonder where she puts it all. 

Today, my functions have taken a more administrative approach, and I like that. That means that we have been together long enough to trust each other.  Where there is trust, there is growth. 

2 comments:

  1. We are still working together today. I present to some and introduce to others. Sanyika Calloway Boyce. http://www.sanyikaworldwide.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that I was your first client because you were so professional and ready to help me "take over" all the aspects of keeping my business running that are necessary - but often as a busy entrepreneur - overlooked.

    I am grateful for your dedication, excellent customer service and consistent support of my business and clients.

    You're a key member of my team and for sure an asset to me. I so appreciate you Rechelle.

    In gratitude,
    Sanyika

    www.SanyikaWorldwide.com

    ReplyDelete